Friday, July 07, 2006

I feel a slight lack of confidence.

I was reading this article about our home grown suicide bombers and my confidence in our security service, already at an all time low, has taken another lurch downwards.

To quote the text;
'Pakistani intelligence sources have suggested the men may have met with al-Qaeda's number two, Ayman al-Zawahiri, in Pakistan's tribal areas sometime in January 2005. British officials say they have no evidence confirming the meeting but they don't discount the possibility that it took place.'

Mmmm. 'Suggested' implied that this is a theory and in reality they are just guessing. 'no evidence' says that someone has come up with this theory and they have no idea. 'they don't discount the possibility' means 'Well, it could be true'

Next;
'It is not known who it was or the exact nature of the contacts but the methods used, designed to make it difficult to identify the individual, makes the contacts look suspicious.'

No kidding. I would never have guessed that they wanted to cover their tracks. I'm doing the same myself and I don't have anything to hide in quite the same way but don't we pay them a lot of money to get past this and find out? Clearly not.

All in all totally useless statements. They are clueless and it shows. Read the full story here.

My confidence is heading downhill on this whole issue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home