Thursday, July 06, 2006

Brittania still rules the seas.

I was reading this article about pirates. It seem the British government is not doing enough to combat piracy on the high seas. The title made it clear it was not the usual sort of piracy. Read more here.

Now I though there must be a vast surge of pirates in the North Sea or in the channel but nope, they are talking about piracy in the seas off the coast of Iraq. Why are we even doing any of this anti piracy work there now? We don't rule the seas any more and don't have the resources to perform this role. Even if we did why should I pay for it.

It seems that attacks have increased by 168%. Almost as much as my latest council tax bill and nowhere near as much as our local parking. Both higher priorities to me. Until I can afford that round the world cruise of course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home