Sunday, July 16, 2006

Another group I don't understand.

I'm beginning to this I don't have any empathy at all. When I read of the suicide bombers and I think I understand why they do these things I then get hit with something else that makes no sense and I'm back to rethinking this new aspect to the whole thing. I'm not 100% but I believe I understand the ballparks.

Then comes along this revelation about Fire Fighters in Liverpool coming under attack from people who booby trapping buildings they then set on fire. Read more here.

The explanation in the text is that 'disaffected youths think that firefighters are part of the establishment and are a fair target'. That thinking is not too far away from civilians are a fair target too. Pity that they are probably a part of that group but I'm sure that won't make them suicidal. I wonder if they see themselves as unable to change the status quo with a vote so they need another way to make changes. Now that I can understand, but to target firefighters, that does not make sense to me.

It's the same thinking as those in Iraq. Easy establishment targets. That does not sound like a good thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home