Friday, July 14, 2006

This cannot be right. After that successful amnesty.

It appears that during the highly successful amnesty on knives, which netted over 100,000 deadly weapons that stabbings continued. Read more here. Strange that.

It would appear that the law abiding were the ones that handed in their knives, with the bulk being domestic knives. Of course, that is OK, because most crimes are performed with domestic knives. Ooops. That must mean that bad guys are not going to have a problem replacing the weapons. What a surprise. Bad guys never have a problem with getting things, drugs, guns, goods and knives. One of the weapons of choice at the moment seems to be a short blade like a Stanley knife. I'm just putting up wallpaper M'Lud. They have no chance of stopping stabbings when you can buy a good weapon at Tescos or B&Q with no questions asked almost 24 hours a day.

A long time ago I carried two knives on me all the time. One a Swiss Army knife I was given by the company I was working for and another for harder work. I one area where I worked metal was a no go so I found a polymer knife that replaced my work knife. I tested it on a metal detector and no show. I carry that one occasionally, where it is legal of course. I bought a batch thinking they would be banned but so far they are not. The blade does not sharpen well and what there is dulls quickly but even dull still will cut through flesh.

It's been said many times by people more eloquent than myself that all that happens when you ban things is that law abiding citizens are denied access to these things and the bad guys just ignore the laws. Why is it that vote happy politicians and these do gooders that want to ban things never accept that they are not going to solve the problems via this method. All it does is disarm the law abiding and allow the bad guys free reign.

The US now has data supporting the relationship between civilians able to defend themselves and crime over several years yet, even in the US, there are still some that ignore the facts and make up data to support their own viewpoint.

Personally, until now, I've never wanted a gun for self defence. Watching what is going on around me I now know that our beloved leaders and the do gooders would rather we died in droves just as long as they could ensure we are unarmed. That is one reason I found this so funny although, in reality, it was a tragic event. It's unusual for those who force you to do something to be in the position where it is them who have the repercussions. There are more people who have sensible statements on weapons. Like this guy and this one. Now, I would have a set of guns if they were legal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home