Saturday, May 27, 2006

Change in priorities.

A few weeks ago the company I worked for offered a VR package out to all staff in line with it's plans to streamline the operation. If accepted a severance figure would be offered subject to your acceptance. So after a delay, one day about three weeks ago I got fed up and applied. In the meantime it seems there is quite a bit of interest but not enough to stop them looking at making some redundancies compulsory.

Today the reply came back from my enquiry. I'm eligible for the package. That means they do not see me being key to their future business. Not really a surprise. In addition the payment was less than expected although I've only been five years in their employ so it wasn't too much of a surprise. Taking into account my notice period plus a top up bonus it works out I'll have enough to live the way I do now for 9 months. Although I'll get taxed on my notice period the rest is tax free.

I've got a week to make a decision to accept or reject the offer. So I've now got my thinking cap on and trying to decide on a new role or sticking with the old one. Five years ago it wasn't a issue I would have been gone in five minutes. Now I'm thinking of the baby and the fact there are few interesting jobs in the NorthWest. Ho hum! It's going to be interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home