Saturday, March 18, 2006

National pensions day? How does that work then?

Looking on the BBC web site for my daily fix of something interesting and I read the title of 'Public meeting on pension crisis' with the underlying text saying that talks were taking place on national pensions day.

National pensions day? WTF? How does that work? I know that we have days for Stop smoking, awareness of disabled people etc. All these have the theme of you actually doing something. Try and giving up smoking for example. Giving a thought to disabled people, giving money to a cause.

Is this the government with their hands out yet again wanting us to contribute to resolve the pensions crisis or are they suggesting that pensioners boycott claiming for the day? Are there cards? Where do I contribute? Do I need to run over a pensioner in support?

I don't know what they are selling?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home