Monday, March 13, 2006

A sad day in my life. I can understand Ian Blair.

I was reading through this article about Ian Blair, our *cough* top policeman. It appears he has been secretly recording his calls with the AG and the IPCC. Read more here. I would guess the calls were mainly regarding the de Menezes execution. In which case he didn't want to get set up and take the fall. I don't blame him. Soon it will be everybody in senior positions in the UK recording their calls to make sure there is no misunderstanding in the future.

I've recorded a few of my calls and discussions in the past. One with the Cock SucChild Support Agency, one with the DHSS when they thought I was living with someone I wasn't and a couple of times at work when things started looking a little political and a scapegoat was being looked for. I'm thinking of having a call notifier on the phone saying all calls will be monitored, for training purposes, by default. Plus, a sign on the door saying everyone will be recorded on CCTV. When I get shot in the head 7 times I want the tape to be available to all and someone to pay.

Anyway, I have the sad situation where I can not only understand why he recorded the calls but actually agree with his thinking.

I bet those tapes would be very interesting. Could we request them under the FOI act?

2 Comments:

At 6:19 pm, Blogger Mark said...

My understanding was that the conversations with the AG were about phone tapping, - a bit ironic I think.

 
At 10:18 am, Blogger Bag said...

Everyone is covering themselves now. I wouldn't be surprised to find the AG recorded the same conversation. Everyone is starting to make sure they are covered. Those not recording will be left without a chair when the music stops.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home