Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Gossip about the gun fight in Manchester.

I live about 30 miles away from Manchester where the Pub shootings took place. Read more here. Unusually there is a bit of gossip going the rounds which I'm going to raise here.

The gossip is that two men walked into the pub with the intention of killing two men watching a football game. They drew their guns and fired. At that point a few other patrons drew their guns and the two would be hit men made a run for it. Unfortunately for them, and fortunately for everyone else they didn't get far. They were executed on a grassy space near the pub. One shot in the back of his head and the other in his head while he lay on the ground.

So sad. Of course our upholders of law and order are arresting the people involved. But to me it sounds like a bit of summary justice.

Our police would of course rather that they killed the men watching a football game and escaped. They could then detect them or maybe not.

I'll see if I see this in the news. Two men saved against two hitmen by armed crowd. If only this was more common.

1 Comments:

At 4:11 pm, Blogger Mark said...

I work about half a mile away from where the shootings took place. The Wild West of Salford!

As per usual I'll be walking to the station later on tonight.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home