Friday, March 10, 2006

I see a little clearer into the future.

I was browsing through some US blogs and come across this link to a proposed Massachusetts law in a blog I have not visited for a long while mAss Backwards.

The law is attempting to make possession of a machete a licensable event. It seems like the UK there are some areas of the US that have no common sense either. The proposal says that it will be an offence to own a machete and a yearly license can be used to own one if you have a valid reason to do so. Whoopee Do.

I wonder how long it will take for a law against blades to get enacted here.

One thing I did notice on the article was a nice succinct statement that read 'What better way to deter CRIMINALS from using a potentially dangerous object in a violent and illegal manner than to ban that object's possession by NON-CRIMINALS.'

In addition he said something I've said for a while 'These idiots honestly believe that an individual intent on hacking someone to death with a machete (an illegal activity, last I checked) will suddenly develop a new-found respect for law and order when told that owning a machete is against the law'.

Nicely put.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home