Monday, January 16, 2006

I should have bought a pirated version.

Just bought a copy of 'The Dukes of Hazzard' on DVD or as I called it 'Daisy Duke'. It was on sale which told me something I already suspected but Jessica Simpson in that bikini for the video caused me to err on the side of recklessness.

Anyway, put it in the DVD as the daughter wanted to watch it. First of all I had to navigate three screens to select UK English. Looks like the whole world was on and 'U' being at the end of the alphabet was a pain.

Then I got the compulsory adverts I could not skip. So ten minutes after the DVD went in I started to watch the film. My daughter complained about the time it took me to get it ready for her.

Then it was as crap as I suspected it would be. Every my daughter was not impressed.

I commented that next time I buy a crap film I'll get the pirated version. No cumbersome menus and the adverts stripped out. No feeling of dissatisfaction on paying for a booby. Plus, I support our local economy and keep the price of drugs, guns and women down. A bargain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home