Thursday, December 22, 2005

A law unto yourselves.

I was reading this article about a Lebanese man jailed in Germany for killing a US soldier. He has done his prison time and been released back to Lebanon and the US is now applying for his extradition from Lebanon.

Although I personally think the guy should not be out at all for a murder he has served his time according to German law. Why should he be punished twice just because his victim was an American? Will he get the Death penalty in the US?

I know we in the UK prosecute for offences abroad. I've not heard of someone being tried for an offence abroad which they have served time on.

Now that I think about it when I was in the US, before the KGB style security went in, I was ripped off by someone who would have been prosecuted in the UK under the Trades Descriptions Act. Can we extradite them here so I can get my money back? Nope! Why not? Oh! The extradition from the UK only works one way. What bright spark capitulated to..... Oh! I think I know.... Bliar. He really is a useless b4$^4&d.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home