Monday, December 19, 2005

I think the guidelines need to be reconsidered.

Just a guess.

Of course I'm not comparing like for like here but I think that even so it makes my point.

Case 1. Guy aged 24 in jail for attempted murder. Gets 12 years and out in 6. He has been in prison most of his life since he was 14. The risk of him reoffending was estimated to be 91% before he was released. Read more here.

Case 2. Guy aged 18 in jail for life for setting fire to two wheelie bins. Read more here.

The only difference here is that one of them said they were sorry and the other one didn't. I didn't realise that saying you were sorry, even if you don't mean it, means that you are considered less of a risk.

Silly me. I'm sorry for everything I do when I get caught. So I should be OK.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home