Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Offshore support. It may be cheaper but it's frustrating.

Just been trying to get through to Netgear support. Luckily it is on a national rate number and not one of those £1 a minute with a minimum 5 minutes jobs.

Even so I spent 15 minutes waiting for a support person. Then 10 minutes spent bringing him up to date with basic questions that were in the support log but he was unaware of and repeating myself because I could hardly understand him. Then after those 10 minutes of explaining my mobile dropped the line because I went into the front room where the servers are and we were disconnected. Phoned back up only to fall directly into the queuing system again. What a bummer.

I'll have to try again on Friday.

Usually network components are plug and play so there is hardly any issues and for all the kit I have I've never needed to call before. I've been sending this issue back and forward or EMail since before Xmas. Just as well it's not critical.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home