Friday, January 27, 2006

Whistleblowing.

Just reading this article about whistleblowers in Scotland. There is a telephone number to call if you want to inform on someone and they have published some data on how it's being doing.

Not very well I'm afraid. It seems that of the cases investigated so far 1/6th were false. Only six out of thirty six calls were passed to the police. What a surprise, people are calling up to put a bit of pressure on those they don't like. The investigations cost has probably exceeded any saving they made with the six caught.

I particularly liked 'David O'Connor, Glasgow branch secretary, added: "There is an element of people reporting things that are incorrect or untrue and I am slightly worried about that." '. An element. Jeez, 83%, 5/6th so far is classed as an element.

Most people can't be bothered now. I know I wouldn't be if I knew someone doing a cash job or nicking some staples from our local DWP office.

Meanwhile, the real whistleblowers are being prosecuted for passing along to the public what they want to know. Makes you wonder why our Government doesn't have a line for that direct to the media.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home