Monday, January 30, 2006

It's my sons 16th birthday today.

Sixteen. Doesn't time fly. He will be leaving school this year. Just taking his mocks at school at the moment with his exams later this year. Doesn't know what he wants to do yet so looks like he's off for further education in his favourite subjects. He's a bright lad but his way of taking each day as it comes and not having any long term plans is slightly disconcerting to me, someone who likes to plan ahead.

Him growing into a man makes you think about other things though. He is, supposedly, my attempt at immortality by passing on my genes. Yet at the same time I want his to be careful who he passes his genes onto. I try not to be hypocritical as I remember what I was like when I was younger.

I think my time for imparting my hard earned experience is slipping away. I hope I've taught him enough basic morals to make a good life for himself. One where, hopefully, he doesn't take as much money off me as he does now. I've told him he needs to look after me in my old age but from his look and smile I may be backing the wrong horse there.

Anyway here I am with a cake and everything and there he is off out with his mates. Oh well, all grown up now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home