Friday, December 09, 2005

They think compulsion will fix it.

Sadly, the traffic policy of the Government continues to fail. Read the latest on buses here. They fail to realise that people need to get about and when there is no viable public transport system they have to travel in their own cars. Our Government believes that they can tax and toll their way into forcing people to give up their cars. Unfortunately, as with all things our Government will continue along the road of increasing the tolls and charges until they push a lot of people into the situation where the costs of getting to work outweigh the benefits of working when you can be on the social. OK, few luxuries bit they can't afford them working anyway. Luckily for me, I get expenses for my car. I work from home which means that most of my travel is paid for by my company. And as I work mainly on Government projects it is them that pay it. Got to laugh. In the meantime more and more councils will put up tolls and more and more firms will be driven out of city centres to get employees at a reasonable rate.

All because nobody wants to spend our road tax and tolls on actual roads. Something will have to give, and soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home