Thursday, May 01, 2008

It's getting to the time to buy a pre-loved executive car.

A few years ago I had the best car I have ever had. A BMW535. Fantastic. Went really fast, no more than 70 m'lud, and was really comfortable. Sadly it took two tanks a week, £50 each and needed a remortgage to keep going. That was many moons ago. I'd hate to see what it would cost now. It was written off in a car crash and then I moved to a more sedate model that took one tank a week at £30. Mmmm. Even the kids missed the BMW though.

So now that our tax grabbing government is looking at squeezing even more out of us under the guise of 'It's for the planet' it's tax bracket would be in the highest bracket whatever that is now. If I still had it it would be yet another financial incentive to move to a more standard car but when you are paying £150 per tyre and £100 a week fuel a rise to approx £8 per week just isn't worth bothering about. Sadly for many their necessity car is also getting hammered by this tax rise. So yet again those on a tight budget and have to have one of these cars is getting screwed yet again by our caring government. You just have to laugh. The good news is these are the people who are likely to actually support these clowns so it's a bit of a good news bad news scenario. The good news is we are doing something about the rich people with their fuel inefficient cars and 4x4s. Yay! Screw those rich b45^4rds. The bad news is your estate is classed as one of those. WTF? Read here about the bottom dropping out of these cars values.

I wonder how many just won't tax it and drive it around or will buy one, on the cheap, to do so. Luxury driving and the tax savings will pay for the extra cost of the fuel. As long as they don't go too far though because they may actually meet a police patrol around. OK, OK, I know it's unlikely but it is still a valid risk.

3 Comments:

At 8:58 pm, Blogger UBERMOUTH said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 12:27 am, Blogger Thud said...

I have pretty much given up on motoring for enjoyment here due to reasons you have mentioned plus gatsos etc...but in America I still indulge....pure joy.

 
At 12:45 am, Blogger Bag said...

uber, I thought it was a great marketing term.

From what I can see in America the limit is 55 and there seems to be a million reasons to get a ticket but it's been a while since I have been there so I assume from your comments that things are much better there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home