Sunday, September 17, 2006

Finally thought of something I can do.

A while ago. So long ago that I can't find it. Another blog writer put out a challenge. It wasn't to me probably but it made a point that we were just ranting about things and not doing anything. The challenge was to actually do something.

Besides, blowing up all the MPs in parliament, a task well outside my capabilities1, I couldn't think of a single issue I felt strongly enough about that I would be willing to commit to actually do something about. I've always had a perception of what is right and wrong and other ways to look at something, imo, but have not got the skills necessary to write it down in a way that would move someone who was not open to anything outside their point of view. I just get fed up and move on. My skills are in planning and tactics not in actually doing anything.

Last week I wrote an article in our local paper in response to all the whinges about the local recycling. In it I pointed out that this was much wider than them and that these complains were all over the UK. I supplied them a couple of URLs to help them on their way and suggested they find out what was really happening in the UK. They were Burning Our Money, EU Referendum, Nanny Knows Best, Not Proud of Britain and for those that could put up with a lot of swearing The Devils Kitchen. As the URLs were quite large I don't put too many down and all, except DK, have had good articles on the recycling and the EU. I put DK down as an eye opener for devilment. I didn't link to myself because I thought it would be to pretentious. It was a one off.

So yesterday I was looking at the local rags again and on the front page of one was an article on 'Clear The Air Talks for Town' Residents views are being sought. My heart sank. Then it occurred to me what I could do to make a difference. I could write articles for our local rag and try to show our local voters, mainly Labour I'm sad to say, that there is more going on that local issues. Try to get them on the web and see what is going on all over the UK.

So in response to what I'm going to do personally. I'm going to rant in our local rag. Take local issues and link them to UK wide issues. Open a few eyes. Our local MP who has voted with the government on all the main issues from a secure base needs to feel threatened. If his base is reduced then he may not feel so confident following the leaders line.

1) You never know who is reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home