Friday, September 15, 2006

Our new recycling centre.

Well, we have had a new recycling centre for a while now but I've just come to use it in ernest.

First of all it's all laid out in stalls where everything has to be sorted. Big space for cars. A row of big skips where you can put wood, but no hardboard, Ooops, I should have read the list before I unloaded but accidents happen. Concrete, glass, general waste etc. all have their own bays and they all seem to have at least two bays each. Must be about 15 bays in total. On the other side, about 25 yards away across the car area, is a little bay for paint, Ooops again, fluorescent tubes, fridges, TVs, the last two lockable units, batteries etc. No tyres are allowed at all.

Looks impressive but from the very start I had a problem. You see the trailer I used was too big. I needed a permit. It's free of course but you still need to apply. I'm off today of course so should have applied a while ago. So I had to leave the trailer and pack everything into the car. Not much room for a double bed frame inside my little car. Although it did explain how I spotted a double bed dumped by the side of the road near the recycling centre. Anyway, back to the dump and in the two hundred yards of winding road from the entrance to the exit there were nine big fuc&1ng humps. The pointy ones that even if you do 2MPH over there is still a drop where everything in your car which is not tied down moves. Of course, it's not a problem because nobody drives a fully laden car to a tip especially where you can't use certain trailers.

I know that certain things are out of their control but why is it our local government can always find a way to make a bad situation worse.

I may get a visit from the Gestapo soon as I noticed everything was on CCTV and I had a bit of a discussion with one of the men *cough* helping at the dump. It also clearly said putting the wrong items in the skips meant the load was unusable. Ooops, that's two loads gone. I'll get false plates for my car in future and wear a disguise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home