Sunday, February 19, 2006

Baby was Christened today

Wow, yet another step on the road through life. The baby was christened today. As expected the service went without a hitch, there were four christening going on and the vicar managed to mix up the names on a regular basis throughout the service. Although the individual head wetting parts went without a hitch. Funny things was that although the parents and godparents didn't know each other in the other groups we knew the grandparents in two of the groups as they were old, long lost old, friends. Small world.

Anyway, the get together after didn't go so well. It seems that my daughters ex isn't getting on to well with the fact she has moved on. So much so that it was almost a our side and their side of the get together. Me, being me, happily wandered around talking to all. As usual it was only later that I got the stories of the threats by the ex and the dirty looks. Lisa was concerned it would explode.

Caitlin and myself had a great time. She got picked up and spoilt by loads of people and I got to talk to loads of people.

Finally, She has just today, for the first time, lifted herself into a standing position after crawling to the sofa. Mmmm. Now is where it gets interesting.

Put her is bed and she went out like a light. I'm thinking that will happen to me in a few hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home