Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Makes you think about your role in Justice.

I was reading this article about a witness who was murdered by the person he was giving evidence against. Now, in most cases, the defendant won't go to these extremes and so this is not normally an issue. However, in some cases the defendant is prepared to go the whole hog to keep out of the nick. In this case even warning the guy off. Which is what you would expect as a first contact. This warning was ignored by the Police. The same Police that enforce your inability to defend yourself. What can you do?

I must confess if I was in this situation and the Police were not going to protect me or allow me to protect myself then I would not be a witness. Say to the guy. 'You won. I'm not going to be a witness. Call off your dogs.' Then, as you can't tell the Police you are withdrawing your statement without going to jail yourself you just screw it up in court by contradicting yourself or saying I'm not sure. That way I would get to live a little longer and let's face it if the evidence is there he will still go down. Everyone is a winner. Except Justice. But, there is so little of it in the UK today a little less won't hurt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home