Wednesday, October 19, 2005

You can't be trusted but we can.

Cool. Read this. Another lost gun. I like it where we are not responsible enough to own these weapons ourselves but when we were I don't remember people leaving them all over the place.

How can you lose an SA80? It is a true rifle. Not one which could slip into a pocket or fall out of a holster. At least with a pistol, like the last one lost, I can see it getting mislaid. Don't understand what it was doing out and getting laid down for though. There must be more of these armed people in plain clothes than we originally thought. Maybe soon it will be all armed forces and all the police. I'll feel a lot safer then. I can just see it.

Man 1 in plain clothes who is really a copper, 'Hey you, you dropped a cigarette stub.'

Man 2 in belligerent tone, 'That wasn't me'

Man 1, shoots Man 2 in the head three times.

Man 1 at scene ten minutes later, 'I approached him for committing a crime and was about to arrest him under section 235643567, Paragraph 462357626 of the Terrorism Act 2008. The part about flammable materials. He was very aggressive, he had clothes on which could have concealed a bomb and I thought he could be a suicide bomber so I removed the threat.'

Man from IPCC, 'Sound like you did the only thing possible.' 'It was unfortunate that he was wearing baggy swimming trunks which could have contained a bomb and was too aggressive to approach.' 'These things happen in a society such as ours.' 'This country is much safer now he is out of it.'

Journalist embedded with IPCC 'Police officer shot terrorist suspect in self defense while making arrest.' 'File it under uninteresting'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home