Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Animal Crackers.

Rome has granted animals some interesting rights. In the kind of laws I would expect to see in the UK pretty soon. Pushed through by people who would rather see people die than animals. I discussed this earlier while I was out with some workmates. One of them has about 50 cats ranging from some kittens to some real OAPs. She thought it was a good idea so I enquired how the extra people they were taking on were going to ensure compliance. I suggested that they could stop every dog they seen and asked them using this nifty bit of kit. Then I thought it's the dogs that are not out and about. This means they will have to comb the dog records and visit each home. Then ask the dogs. What if your dog says it is not getting out enough but you take it out the recommended number of times? Can dogs take an oath in court? This would require sweeping changes in our legal system. Ordering one to sit must be tantamount to abuse. How do you put a lead on it when that is infringing it's rights.

I seem to remember the same issue with kids. You couldn't smack them so now they are out of control. Will it be the same with animals.

I can just see it now. Man talking to Police. My dog just wants to bite people so to ensure it is kept happy I let it chase after the paper boy this morning. That little B4$%^&d pedalled so fast my dog was out of breath before it could really maul him. I want you to take the lad to court and make an example of him when he recovers from his wounds.

But it's not all bad news. According to what I can work out you can still have them put down. Suggestions are that you do it before you get to court so they can't testify against you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home